1. Phone – For listening to music, taking pictures, or in case of an emergency. Remember to start with your phone fully charged.
2. Portable GPS Device – The last thing you want is to get lost. This could be a huge help. Always consider bringing a paper map of the area, too.
3. Snacks & Water – Bring plenty of food and water. Remember to stay hydrated!
4. First-Aid Kit – Just something small with the essentials, for emergencies. Be sure it includes a pocket knife and a whistle.
5. Layered Clothing – Mountains have their own weather system that can change without warning.
6. Friends or Pets – Ask a friend to join you, or bring your dog along.
7. Small blanket or towel – For sitting on, or for using after swimming (depending on your trail).
8. Wet Wipes – I like to bring a travel size of these for easy cleaning.
9. Chap stick – If you breath with your mouth open while hiking, this will help with those chapped lips 😉
10. Daypack – A nice hiking daypack to keep everything together.
Always remember to wear comfortable clothes and shoes. And don’t forget to put on sunscreen before you hit the trail.
Be safe out there, and happy hiking!
PS – Please check out my book: UNIQUELY UNLOCKED